Monday, March 31, 2008

Journal #6

(Media Studies)
This week I would like to talk about the project that we began working on in class. I think that this is a really good idea, because then we will be able to learn about the things that were popular when we weren't even born yet. Then we can compare the previous decades to the decades that we were alive in. I find it interesting that there are so many of the same popular things now that were popular up to fifty years ago. I think that it is a very good learning experience, and the presentations of each decade will probably stick with me a lot better that something like notes. Also, while researching the fifties, which is the decade that my group is learning about, I found that there were many Disney movies that were released in the fifties, but a lot of the main movies were made in black and white. I found it peculiar that there was enough technology to make cartoons, but was lacking in basic colours for movies in which everything was in colour. Also, this project gives the opportunity to research something that we enjoy, like music, movies or fashion, and enables us to show it in a different way, besides an essay. All in all, I think that this project should come together really well.

No comments: